Below you will find some of our upcoming engagements, as well as a link to sign up for our newsletter which will keep you ahead of the curve on the case law and other updates which may impact your practice.
Sweeping for Lien Landmines in Personal Injury Cases
This soon-to-be-available program will allow Precision Resolution’s attorneys to come to your firm and preset attorney best practices and cutting-edge concepts in the handing of liens against a plaintiff’s settlement proceeds.
The program will feature in-depth analysis regarding ERISA, Medicare Advantage Plan, Medicare Medicaid, FEHBA and VA subrogation, reimbursement and lien claims against the settlement proceeds. It will also focus on preserving the plaintiff’s government benefits following the settlement of the case.
Program will specifically address:
- Attorney obligation to notify ERISA plans of third-party actions;
- How to obtain and review all relevant ERISA plan documentation and filings, and what pitfalls to avoid when dealing with the plan or their recovery agencies;
- NYS Social Services Law Section 104-b and the “liening” of capitation costs;
- Medicare Advantage Plans: Liability to Plaintiff’s Attorney and Double Damages;
- Defeating “Medicare Releases”;
- Defining and addressing Medicare Set-Asides, if, when and how;
- Addressing VA subrogation and future offset (set-aside) claims
Additional upcoming live programs:
Thursday, October 31, 2019 | 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Settling Your Case and Sleeping at Night
Presented by: Paul K. Isaac, Esq. and Paul G. Barden, Esq.
The Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel, Poughkeepsie, NY
Click here to register | Dutchess County Bar Association
Thursday, November 14, 2019 | 9:00 am-2:00 pm
The Lien Resolution Institution
Presented by: Prof. Roger Baron, Paul K. Isaac, Esq. and Paul Loudenslager, Esq., MSCC
Melville Marriott, Melville, NY
Click here to register | NYS Academy of Trial Lawyers